VP Underwriting - Fintech
At Selina Finance, our mission is to give people access to the wealth they have in their homes.
We’re doing that by building a next-generation digital lender – starting with a home loan product. More than £2tn equity value is locked up in UK homes, while homeowners still need to rely on high-interest rate consumer loans, credit cards or overdrafts. We believe this is unfair and unnecessary. We offer a financing product unlike anything else out there, one that is as flexible as a current account, as affordable as a mortgage, and as easy to apply for as a consumer loan. If you want to build up an innovative FinTech with us, join our team!
What you'll do;
You’ll be right in the heart of the action here at Selina and responsible for the correct processing of every loan we issue. We’re looking for a driven, detail-oriented teammate to ensure we can meet our ambitious growth plans.
(1) Build and manage the underwriting team
- Build, manage and develop a performance and KPI driven underwriting team
- Ensure efficient, tech-enabled processing of business and consumer loan underwriting
- Liaise with compliance and third parties to ensure the service offered is of a high quality and consistent
(2) Develop best-in class underwriting practices
- Develop and implement best practices for underwriting to make Selina even better
- Work with the Product team to improve and automate underwriting processes
- Work with the Growth team to ensure smooth processing and handover of cases
What we offer;
- The opportunity to build a FinTech with great traction from its early days
- A supportive, driven culture and a great team with a good mix of talent and experience
- A dynamic environment in which you can personally grow
- A super cool office in the heart of London with team drinks, lunches and free snacks!
- At least 5 years’ experience in fintech underwriting, building and leading teams (mortgage and business experience is a plus)
- Mandate holder
- In-depth understanding of regulatory and competitive lending environment (first and second mortgage completion and legal process experience is a plus)
- You want to be involved and shape an early stage start-up
- You want to solve problems for customers, are KPI focused and have a get-things-done mentality
- You are a great communicator with an ability to manage conflicting & demanding situations