Credit Risk Manager
About Selina Finance
At Selina Finance, our mission is to give people access to the wealth they have in their homes, and we’re doing that by building a next-generation digital lender – starting with a home equity loan product.
More than £2tn equity value is locked up in UK homes, while homeowners still need to rely on high-interest rate consumer loans, credit cards or overdrafts. We believe this is unfair and unnecessary.
We offer a financing product unlike anything else out there, one that is as flexible as a current account, as affordable as a mortgage, and as easy to apply for as a consumer loan. If you want to build up an innovative FinTech with us, join our team!
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for building the Credit Risk function, including putting in place and monitoring risk models, dashboards and reports.
You will oversee Selina’s credit risk status, and advise on policy/threshold decisions as we calibrate our desired risk level.
- Building risk models to monitor and evaluate our risk exposure
- Identifying, evaluating, reporting and overseeing the firm's internal and external credit risk factors
- Maintain appropriate procedures for risk identification, measurement, and assessment as well as procedures for risk management
- Responsible for the risk management framework on the specific credit risk risk’s (security, concentration, broker, and loan book performance risk)
- Ensure all risk limits are complied with
- Advice on risk strategy and oversight of current risk exposures and ensure that residual risk is within risk appetite.
- Applying latest technologies and research to credit and collateral risk models
- Support Co-Founders with strategic analysis, recommendations and help with setting up, planning and implementing strategic initiatives
- Take part in strategic discussions of the business in various committees and meetings, such as the weekly leadership meeting and CAR meetings, etc.
- Support with documentation and presentation in Selina’s Credit Risk Committee
- Spearhead and manage strategic projects from start to finish, such as the initial tech product/platform build-up, end-to-end process analysis and improvement, etc.
- Support Co-Founders with strategic tasks such as fundraising and due diligence processes
- Develop, implement and refine policies surrounding origination scorecards, existing customers and collections rules
- Create robust and comprehensive MI and KPIs to monitor the performance of the loan book
- Work with key stakeholders in UW, Compliance, Financial Products and Tech to evaluate new products from a risk perspective
- Ensure Selina meets regulatory requirements relating to risk management, reporting and capital requirements
- Management of Servicing Loan relationship
- Management of the CRA relationships
- 4+ years of experience in Credit Risk functions
- Strong analytic skills in a Credit Risk environment and familiarity working with risk software platforms
- Experience working with pricing strategies, credit strategy development and deep knowledge of specialist mortgages (ideally second charge mortgages)
What we offer:
- Market competitive salary and stock options
- 25 days holiday
- Company contributory pension scheme
- A values-based culture
- A supportive, driven culture and a great team with an outstanding mix of talent and experience
- A dynamic environment in which you can personally learn, develop and make an impact
- Strong involvement in shaping a young FinTech business from its early days
- Breakfast, fresh fruit and snacks and a programme of team social events